Beginning of Reef

effloresce

not to be mean or anything, but how old is your tank? and are your light MH lights or powercompact lights? if PC lights i would put that montipora up higher, and in higher flow then at the bottom.

fastlane13

my tank is about 4 months old, and im getting a yellow tang tomorow, ill move the montipora tomorow, but the guy that sold it to me said i could put it near the bottem, now i know not to listen to him, and your not being mean, just helping me out because i am fairly new to this, so thanks.

fastlane13

o and they are power compact usa satellite lights, i looked them up and they kind i have said that they do supports sps and lps stony corals.

fastlane13

more on my lights
LAMPS:Satellite Duals come with Dual Actinic (420nm/460nm) and Dual Daylight (6,700K/10,000K) bulbs. Please see the individual light listing below for the wattage and number of bulbs with each fixture.
LUNAR LIGHTS: All Satellites come with either one or two lunar lights. Please see the individual light listing below for the wattage and number of bulbs with each fixture.
FANS & DAWN/DUSK CONTROL: Satellite Dual fixtures come with a fan and two switches for dawn/dusk control. Satellite Singles do not come with a fan and have only one switch.
wattage: 4X65W
dimension: 48.50" X 7.50" X 2.75"

effloresce

ya sorry to say, you cant keep acros witht hat light
your montis should be on the top of the rock, and i medium constant flow.
keep your temp, and salinity in line, and IMO 55g tanks are to small for yellow tangs, they need 5' of swimming room, and thats minimum, please slow down on your additions and dont add anymore corals fish, i know its hard, but please let your tank stablize first. and also research everything you want to buy BEfore you even start to save up for it, and alos ask many questions on these forums... many