Bellagio Hotel

maxalmon

The Bellagio is amazing, these photos are of the Chihuly blown glass ceiling in the lobby. each of these blown glass shapes would cost 10-20k and the reported cost of this ceiling was over a million.....I collect blown glass and Chihuly originals are amazing for being ultra thin and highly collected
Really unerving to walk under and kinda funny that most people in the lobby avoid standing underneath it...

maxalmon

The conservatory gardens in the Bellagio are changed for each season or holiday. This is one of the displays and it's about 10' tall, lighting/color is really bad as they use a lot of theatrical lighting with color filters and this is how it really looks.

nwdyr

Great pic's
makes me home sick for vegas , I would love to move back there some day!

maxalmon

The police had their cars parked on the sidwalks up and own the strip to controll "Drunk Walkers" > local term for all you crazy toursits who come to vegas and get freakishly smashed and fall down.
The cops are actually pretty cool, they allowed people to bendover the trunk of their crusier and then the cops acted like they were being arrested, all the tourist friends then took photos.. Went on and on like this for several hours

oceanlover

The glass is beautiful and Chihuly is a master artist. Have you seen the pool he designed with the glass in the bottom? There is a sheet of plate glass over it to keep people from cutting themselves but I would LOVE to swim in that pool!
I like the tree with the fairy man incorporated into it.
Thanks for posting pictures of my home town!