Bergamer need your opinon

wwfstyle

Bergamer I know that you say "This is not legal advise" and your still in school but you are the only guy that I know that is going to school to become a lawyer.
I'm the guy that lives in Salem Or. and for the past year I have been fighting with a retail store "Fred Meyers". I was complaining about all the noise and construction around my house and damage done to my property.
This is what has happened in the last 3 months. They have promised me to send a clean up crew to clean my yard from their debry and trim my trees by professionals. But he refuses to put it in writeing. He said that he will do this infront of 2 other witness (Neighborhood spoke person & A city council member). When I contact my 2 witness they said that they will talk to him but still after 3 months nothing has happened. What should I do?
Also I have appealed their parking lot issue and just had the 2nd appeal meeting. But at the second appeal meeting I showed other business around the area and a number of neighbors that are willing to back me up on their parking lot being a safety issue due to lack of parking (130 spaces short of city code). Here are some articals in the local paper of why this is a safety issue.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps...503200319/1001
http://159.54.226.83/apps/pbcs.dll/a...PDATE/50321004
Is there anything that I could do about this?
Also one of the Fred Meyer represenitives are calling a few of the business and neighbors and telling them that I use to work for them and I was a bad employee and I am just taking this to far and going after them. I have a huge issue with this. A couple of friends of mine say that I should go to each of them and ask them to write down everything that the represenitive said to them and give it to me. then take it to a lawyer for legal advise. I did work for them like 12 yrs ago and worked there for 3 yrs. with no write ups on me and I quite with a 3 week notice for a better paying job with the state. When I called the represenitive of the store he said he never said that to anyone and really wants to work with us to complete their project.
I feel that they are doing the used car salesman talk on us and not following through on anything that they say. I haven't heard yet on the appeal if I won or not so I'm unsure of what to do now. My wife and I feel like they are not listening to us when we talk to them and just saying stuff to calm us down. With the 1st artical where the car came through there fence but into our back yard I had asked for a gaurd rail 1 month before in a Neighborhood Ass. meeting and have it on tape. He said that there is no need cause not even a hummer H2 could make it to the fence. Well I think that a lowered Honda made it to the fence after hitting 2 parked cars and jumping 2 curbs and still be able to go through the fence. That photot was taken when the car was being towed up the hill but the car was much further than what it seems to be in the photo.
What should I do? Thanks for any opinons on this matter. Rick B.

wwfstyle

Oh and 1 more thing. After this accident happened we asked for a gaurd rail up and their reply was no need because what are the chances of it happening again? I have complained to city hall and they haven't done anything to help me get the railing up. I figured that I would keep complaining and go to the papers and news media to voice my concerns more after what I have already done. I'm just trying to show the public what kind of neighbors these people are.

bergamer

I am completly shocked that their lawyers have not requied the guard rail, especially after that accident. If and when someone gets injured, lets just say with that short bad history, I would love to be their lawyer :happy:
I would also go to the neighbors and have them write down everything that fred mayers said about you. then take it to a lawyer and see about a nice slander case
Did the construction damage your yard?
I was unsure about that, and then they agreed to fix any damage?
Bc if so, it wont matter what they tell you, although it could be considered an admission of their liability- making it that much easier for you, but they would be liable anyway.
you might just have to take them to small claims court, but b4 you do that speak with a lawyer, as once you file suit they will never cooperate
this is not legal advice

wwfstyle

Just found out today about 3 hrs ago that I lost the appeal on their parking lot issue. The hearings officer said that there is no need for their store to have a bigger parking lor and might want to consider putting in a gaurd rail BUT they dont have to if they dont want to.
I'm just going to wait till another car comes through and then hopefully file a law suit on Fred Meyers and City Hall cause they did nothing to help me on this matter. Ya they did alot of damage and the damage is more then $5k in damages. But not 1 Hr. after hearing the judgement on the case the Fred Meyers represenitive called me and said that they are sending someone down today to take a look at the damages. To me it sounds like they wanted to know what the hearings officer had to say before if even considering on repairing the damage. Now its going to seem that they are doing us and the neighbors a vavor to make them look good to the public.
I just cannt beleive that they would wait 3 months and after the hearing to come fix what they broke! Makes me mad. Depending on what they say that they will I might try to talk to a lawyer around here and see what I can get for slander. Whats a normal case get for that? Just curious I have always heard of that but never followed on the case.