Berlin Skimmer Venturi upgrade?

biggdriver

I have a Red Sea Berlin Turbo Skimmer and have heard about a venturi upgrade for it...How do I get one and How hard is it to convert..It doesn't do much right now as far as collecting junk goes..Thanks

wamp

How long has it been running on the tank and have you cleaned the venturi.
Most skimmers slow down after time due to the venturi clogging. AND, after a while alot of the disolved orgaincs are removed from the tank by the skimmer so natrually it will produce less.
To answer your original question, Got me? I have not heard of one. I know you can upgrade from the classic berlin to the turbo but have not heard of a venturi upgrade.

biggdriver

could you please tell me how to clean the venturi out.??It has been in use almost a year now and I don't remember seeing info on that in the manual..I do clean out the tubes and the cup quite often.Thanks I also heard that when you do the upgrade to the Kent Venturi a larger pump would help also...What would you recommend....

fish head

I "think" they said a MAG5. Not sure.
To clean the venturi. You will need the key that came with the skimmer, or what I use = a butter knife. Unscrew the hose that goes into your skimmer. Look inside the tube and you will see split/flathead part to be unscrewed. You need to clean it very well. Not just a hosing off.
Other very important thing to help improve the performance. Make sure there are no turns in the hose from your pump to the skimmer, or you will loose pressure.

biggdriver

Just found out I have no venturi ...I have the Berlin Turbo XL..It uses an airline..Any suggestions on cleaning the darn thing....The manufacturer recommended soaking it in vinegar water....and changing the airline...Anyone got a good suggestion?