Berlin Skimmer!

B

bildotang

I don't want to brag, or sound like a know-it-all, but I must admit that my Berlin Skimmer kicks butt. Look at the amount of stuff it removes from my tank. This skimmer removes 10 times more stuff than my old skimmer (some piece of junk that I got off of ----). Just incase anyone out there was wondering if Berlin works good, I would have to say yes! This picture was taken 8 days after cleaning the unit out!

T

thomas712

Looks more like a case of dirty tank water, wow, mine has never done anything like that.

gregvabch

you've got the lid on the collection cup on upside down :D what size tank are you running that skimmer on? what's your bioload like? that's some nasty lookin stuff. i'm pretty pleased with my turbo classic. i'm eventually going to run it with ozone when i get the money to buy an ozonizer...

B

bildotang

The pump that I'm using is the pump that's included with the turbo upgrade kit. I think it's a maxi-jet, 12-blade pump. I works great. My tank is a 150 gallon FOWLR for now, but soon to be a reef. And thanks for the lid comment. I'll flip it over when I get home.

gregvabch

so you bought the upgrade kit and they gave you a maxijet? that's cool. i bought the turbo and it came with a pump; not sure what kind it is but it works fine for the most part.

B

bildotang

I'm sorry, I was wrong. It came with a turbojet pump. Sorry!