Best Acrylic Scratch Remover for Biocube?

wahoowa

I just bought a biocube 29 for $120 with a stand - the only problem is that there are a few scratches on the inside of the tank. I don't think they will be real noticeable with water, but I'm super particular about my stuff. Does anybody have any first hand experience with good acrylic scratch removers or techniques to remove the scratches? Looking for a good product so I don't have to buy a ton.

xcali1985

Try baking soda, mix it with a little water and make a paste. Then in small circles try to buff it out. If not toothpaste can be tried also just clean it good. baking soda is aquarium safe, toothpaste isn't.
Haven't used these methods myself, but I asked both my local fish stores and they both said almost word for word the exact same thing.

xcali1985

Originally Posted by ifirefight
http:///forum/post/3193924
your s c r e w ed . No way to get scratches out of glass...unless very minimal.....
The statement in itself is not true as you can buff glass with a highspeed buffer to remove scratches (not cracks). However, this often requires the use of a buffing agent(compound) that is probably not reef safe or even fish safe.

acrylic51

Buffing glass isn't as easy as one might think......If you can catch the scratch with your finger nail don't bother......