Best Algae eater in the business........

Hey gang-I have a 55 gal reef in the making. What's the best alage eater in the business? Thanks for all opinions.
peace
doug

jond

I don't know about the best, but I have a six inch long lawnmower blennie that is a algae machine. Plus he is a hoot to watch. I would highly recommend one to anybody.

janice

hmmm, will a lawnmower blenny get along with a big crab? Mr crab is mean but he can't get around real fast. I've also got 2 big cleaner shrimp, a yellow wrasse, 2 regal tangs, and a clownfish... any issues?

wren tidwell

I agree. I have a lawnmower blenny too and I love this little guy. Not real pretty but what a character and a busy, busy cleaner. My diamond goby (Valencienna puellaris) also cleans up algae on my CC. He is fun to watch too.

wren tidwell

I also have a large hermit crab and an emerald crab. So far no problems with either of them getting along with my blenny.

gdog

I have an algae blenny he doesnt care for the hair algae but does well with the other.
my emerald crab does well on hair algae as long as its not to long

alianated

Someone at the LFS said that the snails wont hit the algae on my rock though, only on the glass. Is this true?? Cause GOD KNOWS the LFS has been wrong before.
:p

efrank

No it is not true. I have 20 snails and they are spend their time on the rocks as well as the glass

wolffam

Mexican turbos will clean algae. Mind tend to clean one side of the tank and let the ther side grow out, then switch. Kinda cool thinking that they are keeping a supply handy I guess.