best coral host for a clown

maui

I was listening in on this conversation elsewhere and would eventually like a clown but don't want an anemone. Don't want a leather coral to die either. Any suggestions?

predator

Mine play in anything. A fox,a branching hammer, frogspawn and anything else. By no means picky.

thats really up to the fish, not you. my clown lives in a ricordia shroom, and a toadstool. my other two in my small tank killed a gonipora cause they stressed it out.

M

mr.bubble

YEAH! do not get a clown and leather! it sucks! try just to leave it alone in the tank. and dont get them at the same time! Thats all my advice. I REALLY MISS MY LEATHER! :(

M

mr.bubble

Thats easy! a stony coral. I have a fire coral and that clown will not go in that or near that.

maui

What about a coral that a clown will enjoy, but won't kill the coral. I've read on here that they like hammers but at the expense of the hammer not opening up is that just something I'd have to live w/ if I want a clown. That it will harass certain corals.

cyn

My cinnamon clown is in love with 3 corals in my tank. None of the 3 seem to mind his fussing over them either. The corals he chose are: Green bubble, white bubble and green star polyps. This clown does not bother my leather, fox, torch, devils hand, octopus or any other coral in the tank. Just those 3.
HTH,
cyn

crissykat9

my clowns have been in my reef tank with several
different leathers and have never killed on yet.
i also have several anenomes for them .