Best corals for a beginner???? Plz help

I dont know what to get?! I want to get some corals, not too many, like two or three to start with and let them grow for a few months and then add a couple more. But i dont know what kind to get? I want a lot of bright colors. I want stuff that sways with the current. HECK I WANT IT ALL! he he he but i know some are better than others and some are harder to keep alive. And im a rookie here so i just need a few suggestions. I want color and beginner quality :) Thanks for any advise.
Oh by the way, i have a 55 gal tank, HOB Filter, Powerhead, and a plenum with 4" of LS and i now have about 30-32lbs of LR. Just bought a featherduster yesterday. Currently have 3 damsels, 2 Mexican Turbo Snails, 1 snail that came with LR i have no idea what he is, 2 clams that came on LR, and two baby featherdusters that came on my LR. Thats my setup so far.

ebeckels

shrooms are a good beginners coral...you can get different colors... I got a rock of shrooms from swf.com and they are real nice...green red and blue all on one rock, about 5 of each, all on the same rock...real easy!

rickt4du

You should also be able to keep a trumpet/candy cane coral...that will give you a bright green color. Have a great day!

jacksonpt

Green star polyps are also good starters. A good, easy way to get some nice color in your tank. I love my GSP... pics on my site if you're interested.

luke

You did not mention lighting in your tank... what kind of lights are you running???
Luke

Well at the moment just regular florescent (speeling?) but i know i know dont say it :) I am getting some new lights this weekend. Probably some coralife VHO lights for now

luke

Well... if you get the new lights, then all the corals mentioned will do really well. If not I would stay away from all coral (one flourescent tube is not enough... which you seem to know ;) )
If you get lighting:
-Mushrooms are a great addition
-Soft corals like Sarcophyton
-Star polyps
-Yellow polyps
-Button polyps
-Other leather corals
Just stay away from:
-SPS
-Deep water anything (Tubastrea [suncoral], Dendronepthia [tree coral], non photosynthetic gorgonians) They require little or no light but need food to subtitute
-Most hard corals (until the polyps and such are showing signs of doing well)
-Certain soft corals: Nepthia comes to mind.
-Clams
-Anemones
Oh well you get the idea
HTH
Luke