best fish under $20

drewsta

Depends on what your looking for.. Reef safe or Aggressive? How big is your tank? Where do you live prices vary from state to state...

socalracer

100g tank live in so cal looking for non-aggresive, but iwas was also looking just for others favorites not just fish for my tank

drewsta

LOL scooter blenny.... Umm I would say SFE (snowflake eel) or maybe a Huma Huma Trigger.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Drewsta
LOL scooter blenny.... Umm I would say SFE (snowflake eel) or maybe a Huma Huma Trigger.

He wanted a non-aggressive tank, SFE and Humu Humu Trigger would not work. Fish under $20 would depend where your at. Green Chromis, Clowns, Some Goby, Some Blenny, Royal Gramma, etc. These are generally some of the least inexpensive fish around. :happyfish

jakebtc

I like the good ole' firefish and pretty much any clown fish
especially gold and maroon stripe clowns

drewsta

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer
He wanted a non-aggressive tank, SFE and Humu Humu Trigger would not work. Fish under $20 would depend where your at. Green Chromis, Clowns, Some Goby, Some Blenny, Royal Gramma, etc. These are generally some of the least inexpensive fish around. :happyfish
Wow its late lol yea chromis/goby/blenny/yellow tang for non aggressive. On that note I say goodnight. LOL

bread

if you're lucky you can find a midas blenny for 15, but they usually run around 25 here in SoCal.

100 guppi

try a biocolor blenny or purpleback psuedchromis wihich if u check this website are cheap & guaranteed :happyfish both 4 $12.99 each :cheer: (p.s just dont keep the biocolor blenny with other blennies)

zanoshanox

do bicolor blennys eat long hair algea? i knwo lawnmowers its like all they eat...I was thinkin of getting one (both under 20 bucks)
I would say ocellaris clowns, firefish, yellow wathmen, yellow tangs, all awesome, colorful fish for under 20 bucks!

seaspy

I agree, Clowns, Firefish, Lawnmower Blenny, Royal Gramma are all good fish. Lawnmower is cool to watch, but mine hasn't touched the long hair algae yet. I'm starting to think my luck is still running sour, lol.

blue00si

I would avoid a purpleback psuedchromis unless it is going to be the last fish in the tank. I had one and it bullied my other fish. I wouls go with a sixline wrasse.

seannmelly

The fish we own under $20 in our 125 reef:
3 green chromis $2ea
6 Line wrasse $15
Lawnmower blenny $10
Diamond goby $10
Yellow watchman goby $8
3 2-3"Yellow tangs $14.99ea
and the gold stripe maroon was close at $22

sagxman

Originally Posted by socalracer
I like the bicolor bleeny, hows it's personality?
Mine had a great personality. He would always come to the glass to see me. He made cute lip marks on my glass when he would try to eat off it.
Someone suggested a Midas Blenny. Very cool fish, hard to find. If you get one try to find a large barnacle for it to swim through. They love that.
I recently got a purpleback psudochromis. He's really cool with a good personality.
I love my maroon and gold stripe clown. Probably slightly over $20 is most areas though.
Had a six line wrasse for a long time. Fun fish to watch swim around.