Best Powerheads

ross

I have a few maxi jets and they are great. I also have a couple hagen aquaclears, and they have never given me any problems.

adrian

Really depends on where you need to provide current. I have my positioned on opposite ends of the tank. HTH

T

thomas712

Definatly the Maxi Jets, and as Adrian points out it depends on where you need the water current.
I for one like to use a spraybar and a good strong return pump. I only use one maxi jet 1200 to reach one corner of the tank that has a lower flow. This reduces the amount of powerheads and electricity that is used. One less thing to cause stray voltage.
Thomas

K

kistheeze

I run 2 1200 MJs and 1 900 MJ. I've let pink star polyps overgrow them. Couple more months and they'll be completely covered. Good way to help them blend in more.

banshee

Kistheeze,
How different are the Maxi 900s from the 1200s, and what size is your tank? I am thinking of upgrading my 3 900s to 1200s.

K

kistheeze

Originally posted by Banshee
Kistheeze,
How different are the Maxi 900s from the 1200s, and what size is your tank? I am thinking of upgrading my 3 900s to 1200s.

maxi 900 is about 205 GPH, the 1200 does about 295 (don't quote me on that. The maxi 900 is actually much more efficient, utilizing only 9 watts versus the 1200's 20 watts.
Tank is 48"

stargazer

i use 3 900 maxijets and 1 powersweep i have not had any trouble with the maxijets .the powersweep i have a lot of trouble with .current like others said where you need it

infalable

I use two Maxijet 900s in my 46. They are center in the middle and aimed at the front corners. I trie a 1200 and that seemed like way too much current.