BEST SALT

jess

Just to get a little poll going. Which salt do you guys think is the best to use and which do you use. And which do you thihnk is the worthest?

porkypuffer

I USE INSTANT OCEAN. THEIR PROBABLY ALL ABOUT THE SAME, BUT IT'S PROBABLY BEST NOT TO MIX DIFFERENT BRANDS. I HAVE A FEELING YOUR GOING TO GET ALOT OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS.

kris

I have always used coralife--but am considering switching to Kent which claims to add more trace elements for my live rock

kris

Just out of curiosity-- have you guys ever tried the other kinds and didn't like them or just have always used instant ocean and didn't see the need to change?

mgochay

Instant Ocean is what I use also. I've never tried another brand. Probably because that is what my lfs carry.
[This message has been edited by MGochay (edited 03-30-2000).]

homer

Hey McGochay, with all the great deals out there, Why would you buy salt from a lfs? I just ordered 150lbs of IO for a total of $18.00 delivered, Cant beat that.

mgochay

Originally posted by Homer:
Hey McGochay, with all the great deals out there, Why would you buy salt from a lfs? I just ordered 150lbs of IO for a total of $18.00 delivered, Cant beat that.

With all the great deals out here?? UUUUGGHH?? (tim taylor grunt) You mean California?? Where everything is way expensive??
Anywho what is IO???
[This message has been edited by MGochay (edited 04-01-2000).]

porkypuffer

I BELIEVE IO IS INSTANT OCEAN. I'VE NEVER TRIED ANY OTHER BRAND. IF I KNEW WHAT MY FISH PERFERED, I WOULD GIVE IT TO THEM. ALL I CAN DO IS HOPE THAT A MARINE BIOLAGIST DEVELOPED IT. I BET THAT GREAT DEAL THAT HOMER GOT ON SALT IS FROM THE INTERNET. YEA I KNOW, SPELLING SUCKS.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I used to mail order a lot of my supplies, including IO, but got out of the habbit. [Actually, my LFS has been so helpful over the yrs, I feel guilty if I don't give him my $$$! LOL]
I haven't found any mailorder lately that carries IO or any sea salts. Anyone have a good supplier?

kris

Both of my petsuppliers carry salt and io is 34.95 + shipping. I use and have been happy with petwhs.com and mopets.com. Although I agree totally with you beth on keeping your lfs in buisness if they have been good to you.