Best way to feed Coco Worms?

olga21

What the best way to feed coco worms? I know your not suppose to target feed their gills, so what should I do? Should I feed them at the base of their tube with the bioplankton? Thanks

bang guy

Originally Posted by olga21
http:///forum/post/2889711
Should I turn my protein skimmers off when i feed them?
If you feed live phytoplankton (recommended) then you don't have to turn off the skimmer. A skimmer will pull out dead phyto.

olga21

I feed them this:
Liquid Life BioPlankton can achieve the beauty and diversity of a reef by providing the planktonic life that is absent from aquariums, but essential for the development of a marine food web. Fish, Zooplankton, Filter Feeders, and Corals feed on plankton either directly or indirectly. With an average cell count of 10 billion cells per mL, a size range of 2-16 microns, and a broad nutritional profile, BioPlankton results in enhanced species diversity, density and reproducibility.
Fish only, or new reef, 1 pump per 60 gallons every other day. Aged reef 1 pump per 30 gallons daily. Mix in saltwater prior to use. BioPlankton can be used to enrich rotifiers and artemia. University tested, aquaculture proven, hobbyist approved
So I guess it alive

bang guy

It's dead. If it were alive it would have to be refrigerated and have a short shelf life.
I don't know what's in the bottle but it's not something I would recommend. I'm not a fan of preservative laced food.