Best way to keep anemone's out of Hydor Koralia

tur4k

My 90G mixed reef is a about 3 1/2 year's old now. I've finally upgraded my lighting to AI Hydra LED's. I'm planning on adding an anemone. I don't want said anemone to be turned into a smoothy by my power heads. How are others solving this problem? Knee high panty hose?

geridoc

My new BTA tried to feed itself to a MaxiJet ph from which it dislodged the protective cap. I have since glued the cap in place, and the anemone has moved behind the rockwork so that I can see only a very small part of it. It has been there for 4 months now, and its clownfish isn't happy with the location, and neither am I, but at least it isn't in the powerhead.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tur4k http:///t/396429/best-way-to-keep-anemones-out-of-hydor-koralia#post_3532233
My 90G mixed reef is a about 3 1/2 year's old now. I've finally upgraded my lighting to AI Hydra LED's. I'm planning on adding an anemone. I don't want said anemone to be turned into a smoothy by my power heads. How are others solving this problem? Knee high panty hose?

Yep...panty hose will work, cut to fit and use a zip tie or rubberband to hold it in place. The problem is that it clogs easy and you will have to clear it once a day. Filter material cut and held in place as well will work...anything you use as a filter will inhibit the water flow. If it clogs up the power head completely, it will burn it up, so you have to stay on top of it.