Beth's sticky

streetdoc

I have a diseased Sohol tang. I went to Beth's sticky at the top of the page, but there are no pics anymore. What happened?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, the new board setup seems to have wiped out all pics. Hopefully, this will only be a temporary setback.
What's your problem?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That isn't functioning right now because of the change over to the new site. Hopefully it will return, or I'll have a lot of work to do to restore it.
In the meantime, what up with your tang?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Are the spots just discoloration of the existing flesh, or does it look like something is attached. Can you post a picture?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Are the spots just discoloration of the existing flesh, or does it look like something is attached. Can you post a picture? Ich can be on the body, as well as the fins.

streetdoc

Been through Ick before, this is not it. Larger spots than ick and only on the body (not fins)
I have two yellow tangs in the same tank as well as a few chromis, and angelfishes. None have any signs of diseases. I'll work on the pic part

streetdoc

OK. Got a pic of the problem. I also just noticed that its' body is sunken in the dorsal area behind the head. Any ideas and suggestions for Rx?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, are those spots eroded areas of the flesh, faded, or bumbed at all?
Did it develop suddently? How is he acting, and eating aside from this?

streetdoc

As far as I can tell they are just faded. It isn't obvious if they aren't. It has been getting progressively worse over the last week or so and it was a gradual onset. Still eats well but not as aggressively and it doesn't seem to be as active as it usually is. Been doing the garlic thing for last four days. The spots are getting worse.
Thanks for your help.

streetdoc

Thanks for trying..but too late. Died, scooped out, and flushed a little while ago. I would like to know what you believe the disease to be when you get a moment though.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Usually, those kind of fading spots are signs of stress resulting from poor environment or poor nutrition, however, those spots are so vivid. Perhaps it is just the picture.