Bi-Color Mushroom

truperc

Thanks. It is a green on the top and blue on the bottom.
I have a 14K bulb on the tank so the blue in the mushroom is not showing up as well in the pic, as it does in person.
I may throw some white light on it, and take another pic to better show the split.
I love it.

fishtaco

Nice mushroom, I have one of these that came as a very small hitchhiker on a clump of zoa's I bought. It has grown to about 5 inches across when fully extended and is now dropping a baby every couple weeks. One of my favorites for sure.
Fishtaco

truperc

Originally Posted by Fishtaco
http:///forum/post/3147310
Nice mushroom, I have one of these that came as a very small hitchhiker on a clump of zoa's I bought. It has grown to about 5 inches across when fully extended and is now dropping a baby every couple weeks. One of my favorites for sure.
Fishtaco
Cool. Is yours a uniform color (minus the striping) all the way around?
What I thought was so strange about mine, was that about 1/4th of the mushroom is blue with stripes and 3/4th's is green with stripes.
I had never seen a split in color like it.
Would love to see a pic of yours.

fishtaco

Mine is uniform all the way around, my guess is maybe the part that is a different color may have been underneath another mushroom before you got it and will probably be all the same color soon.
Fishtaco

truperc

Originally Posted by Fishtaco
http:///forum/post/3147370
Mine is uniform all the way around, my guess is maybe the part that is a different color may have been underneath another mushroom before you got it and will probably be all the same color soon.
Fishtaco
Not in this case.
It is a rare morph, which is why I picked it up.
They had 2 for sale.
They let me know out of all the "babies" over the past 10 years, they have produced 15 of this morph.

stashudave

Very nice TruPerc, glad to see it has found a good home! It will definately stay 2 different colors...... we had it under 20K Radiums at Macna. Hopefully you will get some babies soon and spread the wealth!
Dave
ARC

truperc

Originally Posted by stashudave
http:///forum/post/3147632
Very nice TruPerc, glad to see it has found a good home! It will definately stay 2 different colors...... we had it under 20K Radiums at Macna. Hopefully you will get some babies soon and spread the wealth!
Dave
ARC
Thanks! It has quickly become a favorite in my tank amongst all that have seen it.
Could not be happier.

fishtaco

Any ideas how big this type of mushroom will get? The growth rate compared to my blue and red mushrooms is pretty crazy.
Fishtaco

truperc

I anticipate the size will be the same, and I am sure the number of babies will be the same as well.
The reason this particular morph is rare, is because the baby has to come from the spot on the mushroom where the two colors join.
Most of the babies will come from either the green side or the blue side, producing a mushroom completely of that color.
But if one comes from the exact right spot, you get the split in coloration.

truperc

Here is a better pic to show the contrast. The green is a little washed out, but I think it makes the differentiation clear.

reefkprz

the devil mushrooms. I have been trying to eradicate those from my tanks for years...... there is a hidden colony somewhere and they just keep reappearing.