Big disaster! :(....

I ordered a 28g JBJ a month ago online, I should have opened it once I got and checked it, but I didn't because I was in school and working and just had no time to transfer my 15 to the JBJ, so today I open it.....the whole back glass where the filter is, is shattered, thats only the small part of my disaster. I woke up this morning after 6 months of my 15g tank being up, missing one of my clowns which I posted about earlier, my devil hand looks horrible, my cabage looks fine, my polyps look fine, my open brain looks fine, my star polyps and mushrooms look awful. So I do a 30% water change, and check all of my levels...SG is 1.025, nitrate is 80!. I took apart the whole tank looking for the dead clowns body, because I was thinking thats whats causing the such high nitrates after a big water change, I couldnt find anything...IF it did die IN the tank, the peppermint and hermits most likely eat it. So now im freaking out worrying about my corals and fish dying and no where to put them...I was going to transfer the 15 to the 28g because my corals were looking bad in the 15, I have 14g of bottled water + the tanks water, so I was all ready to transfer everything over...and the 15s obviously cycled so I didn't have to worry about that, I figured if I transfered it all over...I could save my corals, but now to come and find out the tanks broken after all this time its just such a bad day, the website I ordered it from is not there today I am going to call monday praying my corals and fish can hang in there, but I seriously doubt this website will do anything for me and even if they do it may be to late....

fish4rudy

Go get some big RubberMaid storage containers, battery air pumps and what ever else you can find from Target, Wal-Fart or where ever. You can make due with anything that holds a decent amount of water if you have the pumps running.
Good Luck !

dplantz

Your in Philly so I reccomend posting on a few threads calling out people in Philly for help, you'd be suprised.

I just got back in from calming down. I am still fairly new to this hobby, and I made a very big mistake, I over loaded my 15g with coral...with no protein skimmer, which is a 100% no...I was just not patient, and now I do realise with this hobby you must be very patient. I have 7 coral, and 2 fish...had 3..., I am giving 4 coral to my buddy right now and doing a 5g water change.

I did a 5g change, my nitrates are in the 20s, from the 80s....so Im going to check the nitrate tomorrow and if its not where I want it, im going to keep doing high amounts of water changes until its right...then go back to 2g a week. I gave my buddy 4 corals...also...15g tank with so much stuff in it...it was a matter of time before this happen, and the 28g jbj being broken just topped off my wonderful day lol, thanks for the replys i'll keep ya guys posted on my progress of saving this tank until I get my new JBJ.

I had way to much corals that need better care and lighting in my 15g, so far everything is okay, I only have 3 and 2 fish. My nitrates are going down...I have another 3g set up and ready to do a water change when I get home from work today, then I'll re-test everything and post the levels again, tomorrow I can call the company I ordered the JBJ from and get my tank asap...after my clown loosing his partner he diserves a nice tank to live in :) and I want to see my corals go crazy under the metal halides.