BIG Problem! Poured some tester chemicals into my 12G!

constantne

After i finish a test i pour it into an old gallon container. Well today I didnt evne look at it and though it was distilled water and poured some in my tank! After that I did a 2G water change. What else can I do? Im running chemi-pure elite. Thanks

teen

not much other than water changes and run carbon. keep an eeye on your levels, but i doubt much will be affected.
BTW, is that your real name or just a username?

constantne

Hmmm maybe I should do another 2g's tomorrow? Or do you think its not that necessary? I think chemi-pure has carbon in it too.
Its my real name.

B

bonita69

carbon maybe change everyday with fresh, do a 2g water change everyday for 1 week. I am guessing here, but I would if mine. Sorry this happened bet it will not happen again to ya! Sometime we have to learn in hards ways

teen

Originally Posted by Constantne
http:///forum/post/2497164
Hmmm maybe I should do another 2g's tomorrow? Or do you think its not that necessary? I think chemi-pure has carbon in it too.
Its my real name.

mine too

another water change wouldnt hurt.

constantne

Wow dont run into many people with that name.
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I have a bag of carbon that came with the tank. Im rinsing it out now and going to add it for a couple days.

constantne

So I woke up today and found my pom pom crab dead. Everyone else seems fine and coral are all open so I think I should be ok.