big problem

victoria79

I have had two false percs, for about two months now. I kept them in a 20 gallon hospital tank for a month and then introduced the pair to my 29 gallon tanke they were in there for about three maybe for days when I noticed this grouth on the smaller ones gill it looked like a ball of styrofoam on him. The other fish was fine. So I did a search and it looked like califlower disease. It said that this was not harmful and would go away on its own. So I watch my water perams. really close to keep everything perfect as possiable. I think it was a few days later that I noticed what looked like ich all over him so I removed both of the fish and put them back into the hospital tank for treatment. I used quick cure treated for three days. There were two spots left on him the female still looked fine and both of the fish are eating like pigs. So I did 25% water change and treated again with the same medicine. The same spots were still there, so I called my fish store and she sugested that I perform hypo and gave me the instructions and then I compared them to the ones on this site. Everything was pretty much the same. Now we have been in hypo for three weeks sp gravity is at 1.009 and ph is at 8.3 the tank is cycled, these spots are still on him I am getting worried that he will never get any better. Oh and these spots seem larger and the califlower thing went away last week I noticed it gone and now the female has the same thing on her back fin. If anyone can help please do.

djr99

The only that i can tell you is that I am going through the same thing with my clowns......and i don't know what to do next

victoria79

Terry, I am useing a hydrometer the sea test one, the salinity is at 14. and the spots started out looking the size of grains of salt and know they are somewhat larger and they aren't as spherical looking they are more clumpy and kind of transparent around the edges. he has one on his left front fin its kind of towards the edge. The other is very close to his tail fin.