BIG PROBLEM

viper2oo7

I have a blue fiji damsel and it bites on the fins on my clown fish. What should i do? Thanks for your help.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I would take the damsel back to your LFS as a trade. Damsels are nortoriously territorial and will likely not let up. He will continue this behavior until the other fish is dead. If you have more than one fish tank, perhaps just moving one of them.
The other thing you can try is rearranging the rocks in your tank a bit to see if you can get the damsel to setup different territorial boundaries, but this will likely not work.
Decide which fish you want to keep, and then find the other fish another home.

M

mr.bubble

This is very common. damsels are very agresive fish. how big is your tank? what you should do is take one of them out of your tank. i would recommend the damsel cuase then you can add more fish without the damsel bothering them. if you take out your clown, and add different fish(lets say a fire fish), then your damsel will likely bother that fish. if you need help catching your damsel, look on the archive and look up "how do i catch a damsel"? This isnt the news you were expecting was it?

M

mr.bubble

I was just thinking (finally, the noggin works)!, But if you add an anemone, the damsel will stop bothering the clown cuase the damsel will not want to get stung! Just a thought.

M

mr.bubble

Opps! forgot! I just went so fast that i totally forgot about the whole spell check thing. Now i am using it as you can see! :D .

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The reason I asked, Bubble, is because I noted an improvement. Glad you're using it.