bio wheel filter

bolt696

Hi,
Just got a bio wheel pro, but I am not sure how fast the wheels should be turning. I can adjust the setting from fast, to almost stopped.
Please help if you can. No response from MarineLand.
thanks

jasenhicks

Probably need to set it so that the bottom where it passes through the water only stays submereged for a half second ... too fast will fling water, and too slow will keep it submereged too long without oxygen

bolt696

the way it is designed is the water comes out little holes above the wheel, and that is what controls the speed.
if you need to look, it is called the bio wheel pro 60 by marineland.
it hooks up to the output of a canister filter. I don't think it actually sits in much water.

jlem

Originally Posted by JasenHicks
Probably need to set it so that the bottom where it passes through the water only stays submereged for a half second ... too fast will fling water, and too slow will keep it submereged too long without oxygen
They won't be without oxygen under the water even if they just sit there since water will be fowing around them anyways. The slower the less water fling and the quieter they will be. If you have even a little rock or sand then you don't even need to hook up the biowheels.