Birds nest lighing acclimation

fishtanker

i picked up a Birds Nest frag at my lfs yesterday and want to know the best way to acclimate it too my lighting. in the lfs it was about 10" directly under 250wt 10k's and my lighting is 400wt 6.5k. right now its in a shady spot in the bottom corner of my tank. i want to eventually put it about 8-10" undetr the MH and want to know if i should move it there right away or gradually move it that direction?
brian

fishtanker

thanks bang i figured that....a couple people in my reef club say that birds nest are one of the more difficult sps but i know some people here have had success with them. should it be in direct high flow or moderate high flow? i.e should i place where the return will constantly blow over it or off to the side with more indirect flow?

attml

Like Guy said gradual is the way to go. Just a thought. IME, Birsdsnest can be kind of funny. They like a lot of flow but may actuallly perfer a little less light and being lower in the tank. I had one sitting up high in my tank under halides and it barely grew. When I moved it lower in my tank it began to take off!

bang guy

The more current you give it the thicker the branches will grow. I don't think they like constant direct current though. Alternating or turbulent current.