black light ok??for evening

masterhobbyist

My light has blue led's that give it a realy cool effect. They look like a black light. It makes the green starburst really glow. I would think it would be OK as long as they are not too bright.

jharlow

Do a search on here for black lights. I think I recall reading that they were harmful, but don't quote me on that. One of the mods actually did an experiment with them.

robertmathern

I tried a black light. It really did not do to much. The leds are the way to go they sell a diy kit on the bay for like 25 bucks

natclanwy

It's a good possibility that they are harmful, they are almost all UV light in the UVA wavelength. UVA is the safest of the three UV spectrums but has been shown to cause some indirect DNA damage. They also produce very little visible light and it doesn't penetrate water well so I doubt you will achieve the look you are looking for.

sly

The tank I saw with black lighting did not look well at all. It really didn't light anything and it made all the particles floating in the water glow green. In fact, the whole tank looked a faint milky green...

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by jharlow
http:///forum/post/2848391
Do a search on here for black lights. I think I recall reading that they were harmful, but don't quote me on that. One of the mods actually did an experiment with them.
You must have been a member here then to have seen that...hmmm
So, who were ya?
That was Bang. Lemme see if I can find it...