Black Mold

radiofish

I have this Black Mold growing in my 100g reef. Its on the rocks and sand. i can skim it out but it grows back. it also grows fast really fast. how Do I get rid of it?

radiofish

If this is a Bacteria and not an alge or mold. How do I get rid of it. It starts off grey and gets darker then it grow hair. I can almost pick it off the ground but I can't get it all. When I do water changes about 30gal at a time (100gal). I use tap water with a treatment and make my saltwater. I was just told this is where my problem stems from.
Can I fix it without breaking down the entire tank?
Thanks New and frustrated.

fish addict

Most tanks are prone to algae outbreaks every once in a while, some of the best ways to prevent/end an algae outbreak is to have a good clean up crew, and use reverse osmosis water for water changes. Even though you are using a water conditioner there could be something in your tap water causing the outbreak. Another thing you can do is make sure you have enough flow. Power heads can help stop the growth. Hope this helps!

radiofish

Everyone has been very helpful. I ordered some "red slime". I am skimming it out as it grows until the mail arrives. thanks