blah screw the reef tanks!

kidwicked

I am just going to get me a trigger fish setup...

probably a 150 gal or 200...
either a clown , picasso or blue line.. probably a picasso because they're pretty inexpensive and still look damn nice..
I read that you can keep a large Angelfish with a picasso trigger.. is that true?
Like an emperor or something thats the same size as the picasso. Picasso's are less agressive right?
Also , is it possible to put some Anemone in the mix? with some clown fish?? I wouldn't think a picasso would bother the clowns or Anemone's and if it did than wouldn't the clowns just take cover and the trigger would get a good jolt and swim sway? probably end up learning to stay away eventually.
I had a Niger trigger when I was very young.. bought it had the pet store I worked at.. vicious

[hr]
. fed small goldfish to it. always interesting to see their victims swimmimg around with no eyeballs left.. :scared: :scared:

ophiura

Anemones need intense lighting and extremely good water parameters - things that are not typically associated with more aggressive set ups. It is not uncommon for people to have, for example, blue jaw triggers in a reef type setup, but it doesn't typically work well to have anemones in a more aggressive setup. Usually it is one or the other, or that situation where it is not a really good anemone set up, and it is not a really good aggressive set up.....I would go one way or the other. But be careful what you wish for, clown triggers can be exceedingly aggressive and you may find you have a large tank, with a clown trigger.

joshradio

to the contrary on light... most anemones need bright lighting... I had a redfoot, carpet and condi all successful under 20w PC... but it's a risk.... they usually moved to where they liked the light, or flow... the redfoot moved under my ledge... bad light, strong flow....
I guess it's like dating a girl for her personality and not looks, or vice versa!

ophiura

Originally Posted by JoshRadio
to the contrary on light... most anemones need bright lighting... I had a redfoot, carpet and condi all successful under 20w PC... but it's a risk.... they usually moved to where they liked the light, or flow... the redfoot moved under my ledge... bad light, strong flow....
How long did you have them? What size was your tank?
It may be a generalization, but it does seem that long term success with anemones is highly correlated to intense lighting and overall water quality. Some may get by with frequent feedings, however.
But in general, I wouldn't have people counting on getting by without the lighting. Most do not