Blennies

debbie

I have a well established 5 gal pico tank. I would love to add a blenny to this tank and would like to know which of these two would you add.
Tail Spot Blenny
Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny

debbie

You know the more I think about it the more I agree with you. I just hate buying fish and then having them die. It annoys me and is not fair to the fish either.
So with that, what about a shrimp. I use to have a cleaner shrimp, very cool shrimp. But what do you think about the FireShrimp??
This is what I have in my tank right now:
2 sexy shrimp
1 porcelain crab
1 hermit crab
1 algae eating cowrie
1 nasariuss snail
Corals
Could I add a shrimp and if so which one the cleaner or fire shrimp

teresaq

I think those would be too big, but what about a neon gobie or a yellow clown gobie. They stay much smaller and have cute personalities.
T

debbie

Had a clown goby for a long time then just disappeared. The two spot bimaculatus only gets 1 1/2" total length so it is alot smaller than the tail spot for sure.
Still have not decided though, have always wanted this little guy and have to make my mind up soon as the guy delivers tomorrow afternoon.
The other thoughs were a cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp which are beautiful but i hear they hide alot.

btldreef

In a 5G tank, there isn't really a whole lot of places for the Fire Shrimp to hide

The issue with the Tail Spot and the Two Spot blennies other than tank size, is how much rock you have for them. I don't think a 5G system is going to provide enough algae for them to graze on, especially if that's the only fish and you already have a fairly good CUC for that size tank. I have a TailSpot in a 14G that needs to be supplemented with algae sheets and all those rocks came out of an established system.