Blenny (LMB) question

espkh9

I recently put in an oranged spotted LMB in my 65. It went to the corner and did not move that whole day the next day i looked for it and it was no where to be found since he is new to the tank he can be in one of the rocks he is very small. is it possible he is in the sand ? In general will LMB or blennies burry themselves in the sand ?

I have the brown colored lawnmower and he has never buried in the sand. Mine is very active and scared of nothing so he never hides. He may not be visible because he is in the rock work doing his job. The fact that he went a whole day without moving would bother me though because when the lights are on they are very active fish.

espkh9

This was his first day in the tank..no fish bothered him he just went to the corner and did nothing...he had a great acclimation. So I'm just wondering. It's been a few days stil haven't seen him.

Sometimes I can easily overlook mine because he is a master of blending in with the rock and even lightens up when he hanging out around the sandbed. He just never stays hid long because he is constantly working around the tank. If everything looked good during acclimation and nothing in the tank would go after him then he is probably hanging out under/in the rocks munching on some algae.

cpg

I have the same fish I purchased a week ago. He immediately hid for about 4 hours, and has been extremely active since then. His is eating like a pig..

espkh9

something is wrong with mine. I have a feeling something is wrong , I'm gonna wait it out and see. I used to have a regular LMB and he was personable and jumped all around the tank eating algae off the glass and rock then he got too big and my wife wanted a nicer looking one so we gave it away to the store. we got 2 new ones a few days ago one in the 65 one in the 125 reef the one in the 125 has been just chilling by on the SB doing nothing for 2 days its odd hes not in stress and no one is bothering him he just is not moving hes breathing but not heavily normal just not moving from his spot. in the 65 same thing in the corner for a few hours then he went missing lol we have a lot of branching LR in the 65 so he can be eating all the algae on that and he blends in but what baffles me is why the blenny in the reef is just doing nothing. I remember when we first got the regular LMB it took him a week or 2 to get comfortable in the tank and then the personality came out, so we'll be patiently waiting.

darknes

Fish can have different personalities, maybe you got a dud, LOL. I'd give him some time, just check up on him.
As far as your first question, blennies normally dont burrow into the sand but they can be very good at hiding within the rockwork.

espkh9

the one in the 65 is still not visable the one in the 125 is now back to normal and is eating algae off the glass with its normal perosnality of a lmb..good news for the one in 125 he must have needed a few days to feel comfortable.