Blowout sale, 125 & 50 gallon tanks

jrein40806

I am selling my two tanks off for rock bottom prices.
The 55 was a freshwater tank, it could be converted, it comes with 16 pieces of flat rock that look like slate, blue gravel, the lights, the backround, a heater, a biological filter, and a metal stand. All this for $50.00
The 125 comes with over 100lbs of base rock, over 125 of livesand, a submersible heater, wood stand, the 3 glass tops,and 3 NO flourescent lights. All this for $300.00
These deals are for pick up only. I am in the St. Louis area. You can e-mail me at JRein40806@aol.com to ask any questions you might have about the tanks.
Both are in great condition. I paid $400.00 just for the tank and stand! The rock was more than $250.00. My asking price is well below half of what the stuff cost me just this past May!:)

chevman3171

I'd love to take a road-trip one weekend and get the 55 gallon, what are the dimensions of it, just to make sure it will fit in my car...

jrein40806

Originally posted by billsweet
is the 125 currently running or is it broken down still for sale?

It is running, but the only things in the tank are 3 feather dusters and 1 clown fish. The live sand and rock are in there too.
If you want it I will get it all ready to go. When you get here all you would have to do is load it up.

jrein40806

Originally posted by chevman3171
I'd love to take a road-trip one weekend and get the 55 gallon, what are the dimensions of it, just to make sure it will fit in my car...

The dimensions are 48 inches long by 12.5 inches wide. The metal stand can be taken apart. I fit a 55 into an Nissan Sentra once:D

chevman3171

Originally posted by JRein40806
The dimensions are 48 inches long by 12.5 inches wide. The metal stand can be taken apart. I fit a 55 into an Nissan Sentra once:D

HA! EASY fit. No problem at all.... I would even be able to BUCKLE it in the back seat! HA! Hmmm... Very tempting. I could always use another tank.... What kinda shape is the tank in? Glass, I'm assuming?

jrein40806

Originally posted by chevman3171
HA! EASY fit. No problem at all.... I would even be able to BUCKLE it in the back seat! HA! Hmmm... Very tempting. I could always use another tank.... What kinda shape is the tank in? Glass, I'm assuming?

It is in like new condition. It is all glass. For 50 bucks it is a really good deal. I paid $125 for the tank and stand alone. That was back in May. I just need to get out of the hobby so I am willing to take a loss:)
I will even throw a Python syphon in for free!!

sloth54

have you sold the 125 yet? what are the deminsions? I would have to pick it up in an Expedidtion. Would it fit with the seats out?

jrein40806

Originally posted by sloth54
have you sold the 125 yet? what are the deminsions? I would have to pick it up in an Expedidtion. Would it fit with the seats out?

The dimensions are 18 inches X 72 inches. It, along with the stand, fit in my minivan with its seats out. I would think it would fit in an Expedition.
I will throw a Python siphon in with the 125 too. I have two of them so both deals get one.

jrein40806

Originally posted by randolph
do you still have the 125

Yes, I still have the 125. In fact, I have both of them. I am going to put an ad in the newspaper this weekend. Nobody here seems to want them:(
I would even throw in 2 pieces of drift wood for the 55 gallon. This stuff depreciates faster than cars:mad:

Hmmmm....
St. Louis, Missouri?
Is that very far from Chicago? If I can get a ride I might be able to buy the 55. Do you think it would fit in the back of a Chevy Suburban?
Thanx
Nadia

jrein40806

Originally posted by clownfish_and_bettas
Hmmmm....
St. Louis, Missouri?
Is that very far from Chicago? If I can get a ride I might be able to buy the 55. Do you think it would fit in the back of a Chevy Suburban?
Thanx
Nadia

I would say it is a 4- 4.5 hour drive. No problem with it fitting in the back of a Suburban. In fact, you could fit both tanks in that!
How would you like to take both back with you for $300? You buy them both and you can take everything I have here for $300, that is a deal!:D

I'll have to talk to the 'rents but I don't think they are willing to spend $300 dollars on my obsession at this time....... but, I will ask just in case. I might be able to come by this weekend..... I'm almost positive they'll buy the 55. They should be home in about an hour so I'll talk to you then.
Thankx
Nadia
BTW your right though..... that is a great deal!

K, here's the down low. My parents arent really willing to drive 9 hours round trip but they want to know if you would be willing to meet them halfway or freight ship it. All you have to do to have it shipped is call UPS or FED-EX and they will come and crate the tanks and ground ship which shouldn't take too long...... they would pay for the shipping.
Thanx
Nadia

jrein40806

Originally posted by clownfish_and_bettas
K, here's the down low. My parents arent really willing to drive 9 hours round trip but they want to know if you would be willing to meet them halfway or freight ship it. All you have to do to have it shipped is call UPS or FED-EX and they will come and crate the tanks and ground ship which shouldn't take too long...... they would pay for the shipping.
Thanx
Nadia

Ok. If they are willing to pay for fed ex tocome to the house and box it, and are also willing to pay for shipment then fine, you have yourself a deal. Let me know if this is ok with your folks:)