Blue Jaw is grumpy

jaymz

Ok I have a question about my blue jaw trigger. Over the last few weeks he has been not as active. He is refusing to chase down food anymore, I basically shove dried krill in his face and he'll eat it. He used to ride the current of my powerheads all day, now he hides most of the day.
I have attributed this to him being unhappy in my 75g. He has outgrown it. I have already made the decision to trade him in. No problem. I figure he is frustrated with the small tank now because, at night when lights are off especially, he will sit at the surface and splash around like he wants out.
Ok all that said. I have noticed that he has developed some airbubbles that are directly above his eyes. On eye worse then the other. Not sure if this could be anything. The bubbles seem thick walled. Not sure, I definatley dont want to turn in a sick fish.
He looks clean and healthy, his attitude is the change. My corals have never looked better, and the other two fish are business as usual.
The only water issue I ever had is the bit of nitrate everyone deals with.
So basically I wrote all this to ask if the air bubbles above the eye could mean anything?
Thanks, and happy holidays

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a picture of the eyes with these bubbles. What are your water conditions? Post parameters.