Blue Lined Trigger or Niger

mjordan23

My 125 FOWLR tank is ready for me to add some fish......Right now I have 45 lbs of LR and some base rock, 1 yellowtailed damsel, and 2 big pecular clowns, which I have had for 2 weeks.....I went tonight to get a small niger trigger about 2 inches and they had a 6 inch blue lined trigger and I fell in love with it....Is there any way I can get this fish at all. Will is kill my clowns and turbo snails. Should I just stick with the niger trigger. Someday I hope to have either more triggers like a huma or clown and maybe an emperor angel.
One last thing the eyes on the blue lined trigger, it seemed like the lenses were a cloudy blue...is that normal....I was looking at the nigers and they seemed a little similar.
Please post some opinions.

tripleshot

The blue lined trigger will out grow your 125 they get 22" when full grown and are verry aggressive. I bought a blue line trigger about 2 months ago and am wishing i didnt now althow he is only about 1.75 inches long verry bold for his size has no problem going after my bursa trigger twice his size.

vanos

The above post is correct. They do get big so imo stick with a Niger which I have. I would buy one that doesn't have cloudy eyes or order one online. Try a pink tailed or a hawaiian black trigger fish. I saw these in Hawaii while snorkeling a couple months ago and they are beautiful.

tripleshot

If it where up to me i would get a black hawaiian trigger. They are a little smaller than the pink tail so it will have a little more room in the tank. I did see a hawiian full growen in a store and they look awsome. When i find a home for my bluelined trigger the hawiian will be my next buy. However it still is up to you if you do decide to get a blueline trigger just plan on up gradeing in the next year or so to at least a 210 gal tank.

cwgibson

i just got my niger on sat and he is awsome! i wanted one so i had to get a bigger tank just so i could get one. him and my blue tang argued for the first day (the tang started it) but they are good friends now. :joy:

bobrob

hey bro , if you must have a trigger , i'd stick with your original choice ( niger) . Unfortunately , triggers are damn awesome looking , but very aggressive !!! the only docile trigger is the niger ! I know , it sucks , there are so many killer looking triggers , but if you have any respect for your existing fish , do not introduce them to the "bully of all aquarium fish " !
I've lived & learned that triggers belong in the ocean , not in captivity.
Just a thought....
BOBROB

titan

Everyone states Nigers are so peacful, reef safe, but this is not always the case. Mine dominates my Undulate trigger at will, and has decimated near 30% of my original scavenge crew. They're kind like a "kinder surprise" you never know what your gonna get.

bobrob

I hope i didn't come off as saying the Niger was a peaceful boy , he's not ! But , if you must own a trigger & you value your other fish , the Niger is the least aggressive , still aggressive , just the lesser evil !
It's like pickin up a chick at a bar .......... " 2 chicks sittin at the bar , one is slammin jagermeister shots & calling every guy in the place an

[hr]
....... the other chick is drinkin a a couple of beers........ Both of them have the POTENTIAL to be laying in your bed in the morning ! BUT , one of them has serious potential of being a complete basket case & trashing your house & slicing off your manhood in your sleep!
Which one you gonna take home? Take the lesser of the two evils as long as she's hot ! ( if not, take the psycho to a hotel !) haha

95harley

Originally Posted by bobrob
I hope i didn't come off as saying the Niger was a peaceful boy , he's not ! But , if you must own a trigger & you value your other fish , the Niger is the least aggressive , still aggressive , just the lesser evil !
It's like pickin up a chick at a bar .......... " 2 chicks sittin at the bar , one is slammin jagermeister shots & calling every guy in the place an

[hr]
....... the other chick is drinkin a a couple of beers........ Both of them have the POTENTIAL to be laying in your bed in the morning ! BUT , one of them has serious potential of being a complete basket case & trashing your house & slicing off your manhood in your sleep!
Which one you gonna take home? Take the lesser of the two evils as long as she's hot ! ( if not, take the psycho to a hotel !) haha
I hearbye declare this the best post (on ANY FORUM) I have ever read!!!! :hilarious

kainrahl

I have a Niger and a Blue line. The Niger is much more aggressive then the blue line. I love them both. And before I get flamed I will tell you that they are in a 180 gal aquarium, and I am in the process of getting a 280. (getting it for 790.00 gotta love going out of business sales) just have to wait for the tank owner to get rid of the fish already in it and then of course try to get it to my house. Although I would have to say I would get rid of all my fish if I could get a queen trigger but so far NO luck whatsoever.