Blue O's Zoanthids

S

swalchemist

I have some Blue Orgasims (Blue O's) ready to frag out, pics soon.
$25 per polyp if anyone is interested, or $20 per polyp for frags over 5 polyps.

S

swalchemist

Sorry about that guys had some computer troubles.
The Blue O's have been sold.
But I can now make some more.
I have quite a few now so I'm dropping the price a bit to move them.
These are True Blue Os' bought from the source and have been growing like mad.
5 polyps for $75 plus shipping.
I'll try to get some pics up for anyone interested.

saltn00b

wow 10 bucks / polyp of tubs blues??
10 bucks / eagle eye polyp??
and not even a picture. are you trying to run a business or just plain rip people off?
IMO what makes this hobby great is that we as hobbyists have the power to drive down prices of things that make it so expensive. so when stores sell this stuff for stupid high prices, they cant move it because we all buy it from each other for a fraction of the price.

S

swalchemist

"wow 10 bucks / polyp of tubs blues??
and not even a picture. are you trying to run a business or just plain rip people off?"
That is completely unnecessary IMO, I am a respected member of my community and this one. If you don't want anything I listed just don't respond or better still PM the seller simple as that, there is no reason to get attitudes or wreck selling threads just because you dont agree with prices. We live in a free market economy where price is driven by supply and demand, the frags I listed cost me quite a bit to acquire. I have limited supply therefor I can not sell frags for $5 compared to those who have hundreds, If you can get them cheaper elsewhere then do so.
"IMO what makes this hobby great is that we as hobbyists have the power to drive down prices of things that make it so expensive."
If you think that this is the only goal of hobbyists you need to learn a lot more about this hobby and thats my opinion.

Originally Posted by SWAlchemist
http:///forum/post/2750199
"wow 10 bucks / polyp of tubs blues??
and not even a picture. are you trying to run a business or just plain rip people off?"
That is completely unnecessary IMO, I am a respected member of my community and this one. If you don't want anything I listed just don't respond or better still PM the seller simple as that, there is no reason to get attitudes or wreck selling threads just because you dont agree with prices. We live in a free market economy where price is driven by supply and demand, the frags I listed cost me quite a bit to acquire. I have limited supply therefor I can not sell frags for $5 compared to those who have hundreds, If you can get them cheaper elsewhere then do so.
"IMO what makes this hobby great is that we as hobbyists have the power to drive down prices of things that make it so expensive."
If you think that this is the only goal of hobbyists you need to learn a lot more about this hobby and thats my opinion.
Not sure I understand why you are upset. The only way prices are driven down in a free market economy is if word gets around if something is over priced or a good deal. I know nothing about the tubs blues but I know eagle eyes have not cost more than $2-3 a polyp in a long time. Post some pictures maybe you will get a better response??

johnnyd

Originally Posted by jellyman1213
http:///forum/post/2750359
Not sure I understand why you are upset. The only way prices are driven down in a free market economy is if word gets around if something is over priced or a good deal. I know nothing about the tubs blues but I know eagle eyes have not cost more than $2-3 a polyp in a long time. Post some pictures maybe you will get a better response??
sorry dude but those prices are too high. you can buy them cheaper online etc. any coral is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it, same goes for used cars etc....just stating my opinion that is a waste of money at those prices.

S

swalchemist

You know what, this is 100% counterproductive and is ruining and misleading a selling thread into a defensive rebuttal which should never happen and it ends here. By treating members with such disrespect you are ruining the good nature of this board as "The friendliest forums..." which is what it is striving to be according to it's owner. I have said it before, price to high, not interested? Just don't respond, not just to my thread but anyone, have some respect for your fellow hobbyists. This is exactly why -- mods ban people for these types of comments in their selling threads. I have done nothing different from another member, yet I was greeted with such responses?
"I know nothing about the tubs blues..."
TUBS Blue zoas are and were the first true blue zoanthid, they sell for about $5 per polyp with a minimum purchase of 5 usually at least they did where I bought mine from (Atlantis). They are among the most sought after zoanthid and can be traced back to the original owner. They are also one of the few that remain true blue under almost any K values, much like Blue O's and this is why they have a high price on there head.
"any coral is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it..."
Could not have said it better myself, what say we let others decide and keep our opinions on prices of other sellers goods to ourselves or at least not on the sellers threads.
PS as for the eagle eyes-- if you bought them for $2-$3 per polyps the seller had a ton of them, I don't.

johnnyd

http:///forum/post/2750695
You know what, this is 100% counterproductive and is ruining and misleading a selling thread into a defensive rebuttal which should never happen and it ends here. By treating members with such disrespect you are ruining the good nature of this board as "The friendliest forums..." which is what it is striving to be according to it's owner. I have said it before, price to high, not interested? Just don't respond, not just to my thread but anyone, have some respect for your fellow hobbyists. This is exactly why -- mods ban people for these types of comments in their selling threads. I have done nothing different from another member, yet I was greeted with such responses?
TUBS Blue zoas are and were the first true blue zoanthid, they sell for about $5 per polyp with a minimum purchase of 5 usually at least they did where I bought mine from (Atlantis). They are among the most sought after zoanthid and can be traced back to the original owner. They are also one of the few that remain true blue under almost any K values, much like Blue O's and this is why they have a high price on there head.
Could not have said it better myself, what say we let others decide and keep our opinions on prices of other sellers goods to ourselves or at least not on the sellers threads.
PS as for the eagle eyes-- if you bought them for $2-$3 per polyps the seller had a ton of them, I don't.

no prob man, just giving my opinion but on a futher note post some picks soon, i would like to see how they look. also what other rare zoa's do you have for sale?

S

swalchemist

Got the camera back tonight time for pics, I'll have them all up by tomorrow night if all goes well and thanks.

http:///forum/post/2750695
I guess I'm even more confused.
1. Atlantis is one of the most expensive online vendors and they sell Tubs Blue Zoos for $5 (stated by you) - half of what you are selling them for???
2. Eagle Eye Zoos sell cheap everywhere. They grow like weeds. Your defense is supply and demand in free market economy which means that your lack of supply would not drive up the cost. A free market economy also allows for the free flow of accurate information to the consumer so they can make an educated decision on the purchasing power of their money.
You probably have really nice zoos. Your prices are not terrible. Others are just letting those that might bite that they can be found for more then half the price you are asking(even stated by you). Good luck.

S

swalchemist

"You probably have really nice zoos. Your prices are not terrible. Others are just letting those that might bite that they can be found for more then half the price you are asking(even stated by you). Good luck"
Thanks for being nicer about that but you see, what you are saying is that other sellers are using my thread to make better offers to anyone interested. Which is fine in PMs but is IMO bad etiquette when done on a public selling thread and can be viewed by outsiders as sabotaging a sale. In short I would never do this to you or anyone else or condone it. Pics tonight then you can judge for yourself what they are worth :)
Thanks again for being civil