Blue Planet - Special Edition (3 new epidsodes)

kona

The Blue Planet - Special Edition (not the Collectors edition)
For the life of me, I cannot find this DVD sold at a US business/site. Has anyone had any luck? The only places that have this set are in the UK or in Australia, and respectively have Region 2 and 4 encoding (US is region 1 or 0).
I only found the items on 2 UK sites, where it was listed as Region 0 -- and I am currently determining if this was an error on their website or if it is in fact true. I feel that it may be an error, because I checked about 100 different sites, and every single one had it encoded in 2 or 4, except these two sites.
At any rate, the new Special Edition has the 8 basic episodes:
Ocean World, Frozen Seas, Open Ocean, The Deep, Seasonal Seas, Coral Seas, Tidal Seas, Coasts.
Also the following featurettes:
Making Waves, Deep Trouble, Blue
And also the three NEW episodes:
The Abyss, Dive to Shark Volcano, Amazon Abyss
This is undoubtedly some of the best videography of the water world. Hope someone can help me out.

kdfrosty

Dont kow if you're into this sort of thing or not, but I have DLed a couple of those episodes recently using torrents. HTH

kona

Frost,
I Dl'd some to preview as well and it reminded me how good the show was. I found ONE site on the entire world wide web that actually has the special edition in Region 0 format. I've ordered it. I'll let the board know how it is. The site was a UK store called hmv.