blue sponge?

A

alexmir

I have had my blue sponge in my tank for months, with no problems, but i did alot of reading, and was very carefuly when choosing one. I waited months for one, and when my LFS randomly got a shipment of 12 in, i waited 3 weeks to see if any of them were going to survive, one did, so i have had it for aound 4-5 months, and have seen a little growth out of it. IT recently got brokedn in a rock slide, but all parts are doing great. Its in high light, med-high flow.

big

Here is a close up of a blue one that came as a hitchhiker along with a red one next to it.... It has been in a low , almost hidden location of my tank for about a couple of years now..... Not a lot of growth, but seems to stay healthy.

anonome

Why is it that the hitchikers always do well, but the ones that we buy are most likely to die?

Beautiful picture. I have a similiar species, but it is purple. Came in on live rock, not bought, and doing wonderfully, has even grown.

A

alexmir

that is a really nice color combo of sponges. I have some purple, alot of pink, a few yellow and some white sponges around on my rocks. I think that the type of sponge he is talking about though is different than the hitch hiker one. still an awesome pic though

katsafados

I acctually just bought one yesturday lol. I was told they dont need light so I put it into a cave. Mine doesnt look like the one above, it has finger ike projectons with the osculum(excurent holes) at the top.