??? Blue spotted jawfish

alsie

I had one for 3 days and he made it out of the tank during the night. Really enjoyed watching him burrow and eat. I am in the process of making the tank secure. He had very little space to make it out but he found it. Has anyone seen how high they can jump?? I can secure area where he got out around 9" above water line. I would like to get another but don't want to lose it or be the cause of losing it. I have a spacelight therefore no glass cover. If I put my glass cover on my temp will skyrocket. He was my first loss and hope my only one. I have a 54gal corner unit and have a decorative top that covers 90% of the tank opening.

sorry to hear about the jawfish. They are great fish and around here it has been hard to find them lately. I have heard of people using cellofane over their tank, and changing it each week, sounds like a good idea to me?!

overanalyzer

You could also use that crate like material that are ceiling tiles for drop ceilings. You get the one that looks like egg crates and cut it to fit - that way you still have a cover but it is harder for a fish to jump out