Blue Starfish with strange spots

mattzhawk

I would say it's dying, looks like it's been exposed to air, I heard they were like a sponge and if they come in contact with air it kills them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

mattzhawk

Taken from swf.com
Photo by Saltwaterfish.com member, Tizzo: Tara L. Izzo.Smooth, cylindrical arms that can regenerate into a whole new star.Linckia are commonly found in reef flats and rubble areas where they graze algae and bacteria. Provide live sand and live rock for feeding stations and supplement with small pieces of chopped clams placed under the star.Starfish are intolerant of sudden changes in oxygen levels, salinity and pH of the water, and cannot tolerate copper-based medications. The drip acclimation method is highly recommended for all Sea Stars due to their intolerability to changes in water chemistry. It should never be exposed to air while handling

baysidefish

I did take it out and put it into the tank, but I did the same thing with the other one, that one is bright blue.....
it is strange, the one is blue stays in the cave; while the one with spots is moving around...
what should I do? thanks