Blue Starfish

My LFS has a "Blue Starfish" (this is how thier tank is labeled)in stock. He told me it is NOT a Lynkia, but doesn't know the stars "real" name. The Star is completley blue. He had a couple of them for $12 each. They were failry small, about the size of a hand without the fingers. Was wondering if anyone know of any other blue stars other than the Lynkia. Was thinking about getting him but was worried about compatability.

kris

I don't know of any blues other than the lynkia. They are very difficult to keep. I was told otherwise--when I bought mine (totally blue about the size of my hand) he lasted about 3 months. I guess I would assume even if this was NOT a lynkia that they are at least very similar. Good Luck

uvmfish

Just curious Waterbury, where do you buy your livestock? I'm from Burlington and only know two places here. It would be nice to find another in the area. Thanks!

jakob4001

if you are not sure about an possible tank inhabitant, it is probably best to stay away from it until you have farther information and can at least identify it; especially if you have a reef tank

UVMFish,
You're right there are only two in town. There are couple nice ones in NH just over the border. One in West Lebanon and one in Clarendon. This blue star was at Green Mtn. Aquarium. I think i'm not going to get it though, I would look further into it if the LFS could at least give me the "real" name of the star.

yamazilla

I captured a bright bule starfish in the surf around New Symrna beach FLorida. It's some type of sand sifting starfish. He has been in my tank for a couple months & looks to be doing great. He is the quickest starfish i have ever seen....I can't find any ID on him anywhere but I think that makes him kinda unique. As long as they don't eat corlaine I say go for it...later

D

diatom

Yamazilla~
Are you really suggesting someone just grab something they know nothing about and throw it in their tank? Not a real smart idea IMO.