blue tang hiding

reavely

my blue tang, which has been in the tank for nearly nine months, has recently decided to hide behind the rock wall and stay there. When it was first introduced this was a very social fish, coming out to greet me when I entered the room, swimming in full view all the time. I have not introduced a new fish in 4 months, and only rearranged the rock-wall in order to move the powerheads recently. I would not have been suprised if the tang was a little shookup by the change in current but it's now been 2 weeks and "morris" won;t come out. he seems to be eating well, and none of the others n the tank are behaving differently, any clues?
PS when I repositioned the PHDs it was because I was installing a wavemaster, which, when the PHDs come on-, causes them to make a short rattling sound - none of the other fish seem to be bothered by it, and Morris (the tang) isn;t darting when the sound occurs, but it is annoying me - is this a problem with the way the wavemaster works, or the PHD motors?

marineman

try going back to your old setup and rock arrangement and see if he returns to his normal self. if so maybe he did not like those recent changes/noises in his environment and you will have your answer, good luck

killafins

Eh, i would TRY to block off his hiding spot temporarily. see what happens and if he starts to stress out let him back in.

reavely

uhg, niether one of those are going to be fun - it took me hours to re-stack the rock wall when I installed the wvmaster & repositioned the pwrhds.

zibnata

Sounds exactly like mine . It was out all the time and then a few months later only came out to eat.