blue throat trigger in reef?

stacyt

I kept one in a 80 gallon reef for around 8 months without any problems. I had shrimp, starfsih & other inverts with it, and no problems.
The one night I left the top off the tank he jumped ship.

hatessushi

The Blue throat is not the only Trigger that can be kept in a reef tank. The CrossHatch (although rare), Sargasum, GoldenBack, and the Hawaiian Black trigger are all reef safe but most of them might eat your ornamental shrimp. Some sites show the Hawaiian black Trigger as not being reef safe so I am not sure about that one. I ordered a Black since I couldn't find a Crosshatch so i will let you all know if it's reef safe.

stanlalee

blue throat is suppose to be the safest of them all but there's still a chance it may eat shrimp. 80g on the small side for an adult blue throat.

B

baymonkey

Um my

[hr]
trigger, who was about the size of a quater, made a quick meal of my coral banded shrimp who was huge and had been in my tank for a year. We were on vacation, and my "mom" feed them flakes... Once a day, just like the betta in her office
Apparently I'm luck to have survived my childhood...

cougar

I saw a cross hatch for over $500 on another sight, is was similar to the eye it buy it here. Beautiful fish. Long gone by now though, over a month ago.

hatessushi

Baymonkey wrote;
We were on vacation, and my "mom" feed them flakes... Once a day, just like the betta in her office Apparently I'm luck to have survived my childhood...

ROFL - I bet your not underfed now....

B

baymonkey

No, I'm very well feed these days...LOL So is the Trigger.