blue throat trigger in reef?

benwildog

Any experiences, good or bad with these in a reef setup? Ok w/ shrimp, hermits, and snails? Also how about dwarf lions? Looking to add something unique to my 110 gallon. Any other ideas?

fallnhorse

Both dwarf and trigger fish will love shrimp, for dinner.
Seriously they will love them for dinner. That's why they are not a great reef inhabitant.

benwildog

Even Large Shrimp? Fire Shrimp And Skunk Cleaner Both 1.5 - 2 Inches And Cbs Is 2-3 Inches. Would They Still Be Eaten?

murph145

i have both a large 6" pink tail trigger and my yellow dwarf lion in my 180G mixed reef tank
both do great ive had the lion about 3 years and the PTT about 5 month
key to them is making sure they are well feed other then that they are ok.... add these fish after the shrimps are in the tank already.... when u add things after the fish are in the look at it as food since they get used to feeding times
heres a pic

hatessushi

Beautiful tank as always Murph

Sometimes a Bluethroat trigger will be fine with a cleaner shrimp or such. The key is to introduce the shrimp into the tank before the Trigger and then PRAY.

I have a Hawaiian Trigger and he only eats what I give him. But, I would imagine if I gave him nothing then he would probably eat the shrimp.

benwildog

Thanks for the pics Murph. Those fish are exactly what Im looking for, did you get those locally or online somewhere? Never seen either one of them on this site or any of my local fish stores. Beautiful fish though. Thanks for the pics. Also is my 110 big enough for either of those fish, along with my blue hippo?