blue vs brown tang

finland

I used to have a hippo tang and a brown surgeon tang together in my 150. They got along just great Well, my hippo became lunch for my carpet anemone. I have remedied the problem with my killer anemone, so I just purchased another hippo tang. Now my brown tang is picking ruthlessly on the hippo. The hippo is a little smaller then the brown, so what are the chances that they will eventually get along. I just got the hippo today. I am hoping that it is a temporary thing, brown just setting the pecking order, but I was a bit surprised on the fighting. Any one have any experience on this and what to expect? Other fish in the tank are a maroon clown, sebae clown, and a snowflake eel.

the claw

Can you move the live rock arround a bit. That will break the territory possessiveness down a bit, and give the newbie a better chance.

finland

Aquarious,my brown tang is not a powder brown tang. I just did a search for the correct name, and couldn't find a thing other than "brown tang"(with no pic). It was sold to me as a brown tang. Now it is bugging me that I can't find a pic on the internet. Found a pic of just about every tang known to mankind, but not the one I own.

krishj39

What body type is it closest to? Forget about the coloration and just look at it's shape. For example, the whitecheek looks like a Powder Blue tang. Does it look like a Kole? A Hippo? Yellow Hawaiian? Powder blue? etc. That info should help in identifying it, if you can't get a picture.

finland

Well the closest body style I could come up is a Kole tang. It is very similar to a couple pics I found. The fish I have is very light tan, with faint, thin vertical stripes. From a distance it looks solid light brown. Also, it has a little yellow in its eyes. Most pics I have seen of a Kole have a yellow ring"around the eyes, but the yellow is in the eyeball of mine. Maybe it is a Kole. Wish I ha da digital camera

tony detroit

take em both out, put each in its own bucket wait an hour or two and put em both back in at the same time after you have rearranged your rock in the tank.
HTH