Bodybuiliding supplements...

deejeff442

so what your saying is if you take a 16 oz. piece of chicken

[hr]
which is around 30 grams of protien and 1/2 oz of protien shake and add 15 1/2 oz. of water its the same as the chicken. there is 15 1/2 oz. of water in chicken?
i dont think so.
no i never competed cause i could never get my legs in porportion with my upper body.just wanted to see what i could do.believe me it dont feel great very weak and tired.when i started to put the fat and carbs back in my diet i felt like throwing up.
you also contradicted yourself,
if a veg. drinks 30 protien drinks at say 300 calories each with added water why wont he bulk up?
thats 3000 calories or is it?

el guapo

just thought I would throw in a little info from WIKI ....
Food energy is the amount of energy in food that is available through digestion.
Like other forms of energy, food energy is expressed in calories or joules. Some countries use the kilogram calorie, which is equal to 1 kilocalorie (kcal), or 1,000 calories as normally defined. In the context of nutrition, and especially food labeling, the terms "calorie" and "kilocalorie" are interchangeable. In either case the unit is approximately equal to 4.1868 kilojoules (kJ). The kilojoule is the unit officially recommended by the World Health Organization[1] and other international organizations. In some countries (Australia, for example) only the kilojoule is normally used on food packaging, but the calorie is still the most common unit in many countries.
Only carbohydrates (including fiber), fats, proteins, organic acids, polyols, and ethanol contain food energy. All foods are made up of a combination of these five nutrients. Everything else in food is non-caloric, including (but not limited to) water, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, caffeine, spices and natural flavors. Tea and coffee also have no calories without sugar or milk added. Nutritionists usually talk about the number of calories in a gram of a nutrient. Fats and ethanol have the greatest amount of food energy per gram, 9 and 7 kcal/g (38 and 30 kJ/g), respectively. Proteins and most carbohydrates have about 4 kcal/g (17 kJ/g). Carbohydrates that are not easily absorbed, such as fiber or lactose in lactose-intolerant individuals, contribute less food energy. Polyols (including sugar alcohols) and organic acids have fewer than 4 kcal/g.
Each food item has a specific metabolizable energy intake (MEI). Normally this value is obtained by multiplying the total amount of energy contained in a food item by 85%, which is the typical amount of energy actually obtained by a human after the digestive processes have been completed.
Basically thinking that all food based calories are created equal is pure non-seance . Just as different types of wood burn differently so do food sources .

el guapo

In a round about way yes . Because they contain calories . Your body burns the calories as fuel , This creates energy . It's the toxicity of the alcohol that poisons your blood and robs it of oxygen that causes the tired feeling .

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/3033724
In a round about way yes . Because they contain calories . Your body burns the calories as fuel , This creates energy . It's the toxicity of the alcohol that poisons your blood and robs it of oxygen that causes the tired feeling .
Not MY body
But I understand what you mean

deejeff442

didnt know the absorbsion rate was 85% i thought it was much lower.
i get a kick out of some of these protien drink labled predigested whey.meaning your body will absorb them better.dont see how we can trick our body doing that.
if that were true then weighing 200 lbs and having to eat 300+grams a day of protien over 6 or 8 meals to keep the proien always on hand so we dont catabalize (spelling?) we would only need to drink 100 grams of the powder stuff to get the same results?
i drink 1 or 2 protien drinks a day to because it is impossible to eat that much anymore.
but i realized instead of buying the high dollar stuff i go to wallyworld and get the whey protien for $18.same stuff on the label as the $60 stuff like weider.
all i can say i had a friend in n.y. that was an amature builder 300 lbs off season (on the juice) but still frickin huge and a nice guy.
he said its all about calories ,stay away from empty calories like sugar .
sadly he got into drugs ,then selling them and now is in jail i believe still.

devil dog

I think it is just like anything you need to see what works for you and do that... I have been taking creatine for about two weeks now and I have went up to 235 do that’s 5lbs... And by the end of the first week my max bench went up 20lbs I don’t know if I just felt strong that day or what…lol but tonight is upper body so I will try again and let you know...
DD

el guapo

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
http:///forum/post/3034938
I think it is just like anything you need to see what works for you and do that... I have been taking creatine for about two weeks now and I have went up to 235 do that’s 5lbs... And by the end of the first week my max bench went up 20lbs I don’t know if I just felt strong that day or what…lol but tonight is upper body so I will try again and let you know...
DD

I doubt that the 20# increase was directly from the Creatine . But it is amazing what the mind will allow the body to . The mental hurddles are as tough as the physical ones.

devil dog

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/3034939
I doubt that the 20# increase was directly from the Creatine . But it is amazing what the mind will allow the body to . The mental hurddles are as tough as the physical ones.
Yeah I think your right with that...
But it feels good when you can surprise yourself...
DD

deejeff442

actually i think alot of our gains in strength has to do with buying a supplement any one .
then after taking it going to the gym and thinking it will somehow work we just get more into the lifting and try harder.
if the supplement does anything or not .
if the doctor gave us a placibo and said it was roids ,hell i would be at the gym giving it all.
creatine does work but needs to be cycled.

deejeff442

is that sarcasim?

just playin
i have never cycled my workouts.
but i do take off a solid week every 10 to 12 weeks.
but you might cosider that a cycle?