Bookworm lighting

craig_08

I am sure that a few of you have jumped on the bookworm bandwagon as I have. For those of you that don't know what these are they are a 13W power compact sold as a booklamp that you can attach to a hood as a cheap waterproof alternative to a retrofit. I went into Lowe's today to buy my Rite Lite (Lowe's equivalent of Bookworm) and picked one up for $20. As I was walking off I saw a 26W (2x13W) version for $25. It had a handle on it making it larger and harder to fit but with two of those facing opposite directions (so you evenly light the tank) you could have 52 watts of PC for $50!! Maybe I am a cheapskate or helpless DIYer but I think that is a good deal. Also the bulbs in these fixtures are 6700K but can easily be replaced by a Actinic 03's, 50/50's or 10K's from the site where you can say hello to your lights. Hopefully someone finds this helpful. I will be quiet now.

craig_08

Upon further research of the 2x13W Rite-Lite lamps I discovered that they are not compatible with the lights you can order and replace them and are only 4100k. The 13W work lamp however IS 6500k and is replacable. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. The 13W Bookworm lights are still an awesome deal though.