Bought a 125 RR today with stand/canopy

hot883

Hi ya'all. Thought I would share my good news. :joy: The good wife and I were down in OKC today at my favorite reef warehouse and they always have a ton of tanks for sale. Got lookin around and there it was. A 125 glass drilled for reef, overflows in both back corners, all the plumbing, stand and canopy, with glass tops for $600.
We are starting a major remodel project of my home office so have nowhere to put it. I decided to put it on layaway so they have to keep it 2 more months, should be enough time for me to get the floor ready etc. I'm just stoked and wanted to share the news. Didn't have my camera but will get pics. next weekend when I go down there again.

Forgot to add that it COMES WITH A 20 YEAR WARRANTY!!!!!

mimzy

YAY!!!!!! :jumping: :jumping:
OHHHHH congrats

I know just how u feel. Can't WAIT to see pix!!!! :joy:

hot883

Thanks Mimzy Wimzy, it's so awesome. Also picked up my wife's Valentines Day present too. It's a female Silky Terrier.

hot883

Hi everyone, just thought I would show off a couple of pics. of the new 125. Still at the store, made another payment today as my remodel job in the office is not complete yet. The white plumbing in the picture is not in or for this tank. Ha!

hot883

Originally Posted by gregzbobo
I was in that particular store the other day looking at that very tank. AWESOME aquarium.
Thanks Greg. I put my money down and I left, so tempted to buy something. Ha! I love the employees, nice to look at and even better knowledge.

gregzbobo

Originally Posted by hot883
Thanks Greg. I put my money down and I left, so tempted to buy something. Ha! I love the employees, nice to look at and even better knowledge.
one employee in particular. ;-)

hot883

Originally Posted by gregzbobo
one employee in particular. ;-)
Jennifer does have a LARGE amount of knowledge. Ha!

gregzbobo

haha, something like that. I've been going to that store since they were up on 50th and portland, and still sold freshwater fish. They pretty much know thier stuff, although I don't see the reasoning of them checking water temp of samples customers bring in, its NOT gonna be anything like what the tank itself is at, but oh well. :-D

dragonzim

Does that mean you always ask for the snails in the bottom of the COLD tank?

hot883

Originally Posted by DragonZim
Does that mean you always ask for the snails in the bottom of the COLD tank?

Oh, you've been there too? Ha!
No, they are really greaT PEOPLE and very knowledgeable. Half of the staff are Marine Biology students and the guy that volunteers there on Sat. (Don I think) is a Marine Bio. Prof. at the local University.
Only LFS I tryly trust. They will flat out tell you"No, thats not gonna work with your other fish, or no don't buy that they don't last to long" etc. Not one skimmer in the whole place and their reefs are AMAZING!

farmboy

THat is gonna be SWEET, Barry! You are gonna need more coral.

Congrats-BTW what will become of your old tank?

hot883

Originally Posted by Farmboy
THat is gonna be SWEET, Barry! You are gonna need more coral.

Congrats-BTW what will become of your old tank?
My current 55 is going to be the sump/refugium for the new tank.

farmboy

That puts everything in perspective. 55 used to be a big tank!! NOw it is a sump/fuge.

I have actually been entertaining the idea of a 240 show tank. It is 96" x 24" x 24". :scared: I have lost all concept of reality. . . . .I don't think I would pass the deal you got on the 125, though!

hot883

The floor is almost ready for the tile. I still need to cut a hole in my foundation so the drain pipe to the floor drain can go out. I figured better safe than sorry so I will be putting in a drain near the tank in the floor incase anything happens. Don't need a flood to occur. Ha! Then after that i have to replace the ceiling, new sheetrock then paint. Also I am thinking about putting in french doors leading outside to the furture deck. I have spent all morning long today bracing and leveling the floor joists before putting down the new plywood and cement backer board.