Bought a lr with hitchhikers...peppremint shripm..now what?

bethany

I bought a 10lb rock which i found two small peppermint shrimp living in it. I had to chase them out of the hole with a pen to find out what they were. They don't come out in day time. So how should I care for my new pets? What do they eat? I only have 5 damsels in the tank right now, would they eat the shrimp? I'm looking to get a lion fish. Would he eat it? I'm planning on keeping them so what is compatable with them, anenomies, and a reef tank? My cycle is finished and i'm ready to stock the tank.

From my very limited experience, sit in front of the tank and just watch them (I do that for hours). The lion will more than likely gobble them up pretty quick. The damsels should leave them alone. They should scavenge for whatever they can find to eat. Might drop an algae pellet in every once in a while (mine go absolutely nuts !!!!)
They are, from what I have read, preety much good for anything. They aren't destructive. Then again, mine like to sit in their "cave" and watch me watch them. My "mini-reef" has what I was told are rock anemones and they like to nibble on them, but are far from destructive. Just enjoy them. They are pretty fun to watch !!!

bethany

Thanks, my lfs store gave my husband some small dead fish. He put it in and they ate it to scraps. I don't have a lion fish yet, but that is my first fish I plan to buy. Beautiful!