BowFront Canopy Arrived!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, friends, my custom-built canopy just arrived today for my AGA bow aquarium, and it is absolutely perfect.
I'll be working on getting it equipted with lighting soon, and hopefully will be getting my tank up and running again!
:D

hey beth happy to hear you found a canopy for the bowfront, and mr saltys right it does seem like its been a while, but even though i cant see the looks of it right now, i bet your looking at it saying the wait was worth it

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I ordered it in May, so its taken a bit over 2 mos. I'm very pleased with it....but guess what happened!
Well, I wanted to see if my prizm would fit in there all right [prizm owners know that this skimmer, though it is not very thick, it is somewhat bulky and the collection cup is pretty massive]. So I tried to get the prizm on while the canopy was on and inched the canopy up a notch and, yep, you got it....it tumbled over! Hit my aquarium!!!!
No, thank goodness, it did not bust the tank [though I do think my heart stopped there for a moment] but there is a bit of a dent now on the front panneling :(. I guess I'll have to try & fix this cosmetic blemish somehow. Any suggestions?
And, yes, it was worth it, because, as anyone who owns a bowfront knows, this tank is not easy to get a canopy for. Except for the dent, I'm very happy.
:D
[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Beth ]

playtime

Congrats! well, except for the dent. You will probably be the only one to notice it. I just say a really nice bowfront corner aquarium that I fell in love with. I know I need to upgrade my 32 so I have been looking. My LFS is great and they are looking for me as well and when the find it and order it, I can make payments to them. Basicly, it's a lay-away. I am a good customer and they know I will want to get it paid for so I can get it going. Anyway, have you decided yet what you are putting in there? fish I mean of coarse.
playtime

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I have 3 poor little fishes that I'm holding in QT waiting for setup. I broke down my FO a couple of mos ago when I decided to go reef. So this will be a reef tank. Now, I gotta come up with the bucks for the lights!
Going with VHO, icecap eballast and their new fans. That should do nicely.

G

glenn

Sounds like it is going to be a great set up. Make sure and send some pictures when done. Would love to see.
Glenn

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Foobaby: Actually, Glenn, who posted just above your post built it for me! LOL
And yes, Glenn, as soon as everything is setup and going well, I'll send you some pics. The whole setup looks spectacular in my living room.
BTW: I sanded down the dent I put in it and its fine. Thanks for the help.