Brad Pitt---What a guy!

salty blues

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/...ople_brad_pitt
LOS ANGELES - Brad Pitt has donated $100,000 to fight California's November ballot initiative that would overturn the state Supreme Court decision legalizing same s e x marriage.
Earlier in the week, Pitt and Angelina Jolie announced they donated $2 million to help fight HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis in Ethiopia.
Does anybody else see a slight contradiction here? Talk about throwing good money after bad. And does he own any clothes besides that black suit/white shirt?

reefraff

I don't think gays should be allowed to "marry" but creating an equal option like civil unions is fine.
HOWEVER, assuming AIDS only affected gays wouldn't allowing them to marry tend to slow the spread because the married couples would tend to sleep around a whole lot less.

Do they not have the right as US citizens to donate their money however they see fit. I only wish they would only donate their money to the US.

jmick

Just when you think people have sunk to a new low you get a thread like this...way to go mods for allowing hate and ignorance to thrive on saltwaterfish.com!

ice4ice

My take on gay marriage.
Who cares ! They're human beings just like the rest of us with the same rights. Don't go talking about that it's a sin because the Catholic Church is against gay marriages and among other things.
I say let'em have that right to marry. It's just different strokes for different folks. How they live and whom they want to marry is really none of anybody's business NOR the government and the church's business !
Let by gones be bygones.
And just for those ignorant folks that thinks AIDS is a gay disease, you're wrong ! Anybody can catch it regardless if you're gay or not - it's all comes down to reckless actions of not protecting yourself.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Jmick
http:///forum/post/2760560
Just when you think people have sunk to a new low you get a thread like this...way to go mods for allowing hate and ignorance to thrive on saltwaterfish.com!
I love it no one said a dang thing derogatory about that community, and first to act, already accusing people of hate and ignorance.
Way to go.

greenreefer

homosexual --- isn't the main cause of AIDS in Africa, in fact I don't know if the percentage would show up in a pie chart.
I'd prefer a different term just since the term originates from a religious context and their reason for wanting it isn't anything religious, but honestly I can't imagine wasting time and money on such a silly argument since most reasonable people agree there should be some kind of rights when it comes to benefits and survivorship for a homosexual partner. So really the argument is about the word we slap on it.

prime311

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2760586
I love it no one said a dang thing derogatory about that community, and first to act, already accusing people of hate and ignorance.
Way to go.

So making a correlation between same --- marriage and AIDS without any research to support said correlation is _not_ derogatory?

socal57che

Does the US not have HIV/AIDS or tuberculosis?
I was also wondering why the money went to Africa. Not that Africa couldn't use the help, but I think we all know the money won't find the people that need it.
A fellow employee (and friend) was recently diagnosed with TB.
He is at home with no insurance benefits whatsoever. (treatment takes months of quarantine)
He lives in Tijuana.
I scoured the internet to find financial aid for him.
I was disgusted at what I saw.
Hundreds of organizations willing to take your donations.
ZERO that were willing to actually help.
Not one.
If they want to throw their money away, that's fine with me.
Just wanted to add...IBTL