brain coral

vizia2

I have a green red brain coral, it is snuffing all of its green soft part, and all you can now see is the hard red ripple part underneath. Is it dead, dieing, will it grow back, can I do something?

fishkiller

really? phosphates would do that? I was just talking to a guy at the lfs (a good one) in Atlanta and he said that usually phophates wont cause a brain to do that. I asked because they had some of the most beautiful brains I have ever seen in a 900 hex. It was amazing to say the least. I'm sure hairtrigger knows where I'm talking about. Do I get in trouble for puting store names on here?I don't want to peev anybody off. Anywayz- the brain- let us know what happens with it. I'm curious now.

adrian

Cant say whether or not PO4 will cause whats going on with the above brain, but phosphates can retard coral growth in very small incriments. If the tissue has released from the skeleton I would point to Ca and alk concentrations.

fishkiller

vizia- Is your brain red and green. Is the red ripply part most exposed and the green inner parts are sunken in and hardly visible? If so, I might have an answer for ya!

vizia2

actualy almost all the green has sluffed off, expet around the corners. all you can see left is the red ripely part. any help