breeding brine shrimp

saltym3

I got some eggs for the brine shrimp and followed all the directions and setup a little tank for them. The only thing the directions did not mention was what to feed them. Anyone have any idea what to feed these guys they are so small i dont know what they could digest.

E

elan

sorry to but into your post, but how long do the brine shimp live?

Brine shrimp (artemia) molt 15 times before they reach adult stage. This takes roughly 3 weeks.
If kept at lower temps, they can be sustained for a few more weeks after that.
Brine shrimp are filter feeders and need very small particles in order to digest their food.
You can buy brine shrimp food prepared, or some say you can us brewers yeast, egg yolks, cod oil, Selcon, live algea cultures (presumably the best), and various other foods. Try searching the brine shrimp egg (cyst) suppliers web sites for more info on food.
I have a culture right now that hatched about 3 days ago and I am experimenting with the requirements to raise them to adult.
MCF

saltym3

does anyone have any experience in setting up/maintance of a brine shrimp tank? I have some questions that I have not been able to find answers to by searching the net.