Bright Red Algae and Purple Algae?

mony97

There is a small spot of one of my rocks that is bright brick red and looks to have a velvety texture to it, hasn't grow/spread but have no idea what this may be. I was going to post a pic until I realized my fiance has my camera, I can post one later tonight, but until then any ideas?
Second next to it there is a plum color patch of what looks to be a type of hair algae but not sure, again any ideas?
Thx

keri

Google "red encrusting coralline" and "purple gracilaria" - do either of them look like either of these? (use the google image search)

mony97

The coralline seems to be correct but not the gracilaria :( either of these guys bad for the tank, I know coralline is very good but can this type be bad?
PS I am getting my camera in the morning and will post pics asap

keri

coralline is good but without a positive ID I can't tell you about whether the other one is or not
I await pictures :)

keri

Does it look anything like the purple branching algae in my pic? I had this stuff in my nano and old 65g for a while, it eventually went away.

mony97

The color seems to be the same yes but is very fine and very short at this and is very stringy and flows in the current, not as branching as yours.
Thank You for the help, and the pic should be up around 10am CT

mony97

Here are the pics, the small red spot is pretty noticeable, and the purple one is right next to it just down and to the right.
Hope these help ;)