Brine Shrimp Eggs

dfabrikant

Has anyone bought brine shrimp eggs and hatched them? Just wondering how difficult this may be or even worth it for feedings? I just have this 2 gal tank that I figured I could do something with, and I feed brine shrimp

hops523

Yes, Ive done it many times to feed betta fry that I had a long time ago. Its really easy, and doesnt take much effort what so ever. But if its worth it or not depends on what your trying to feed with them.

nwdyr

Did it allot when I was breeding angles (fresh water) it is worth it to feed fry , but to raise them to feed adult fish...nah to long to raise them to adults. And they tend to smell a little in large quantities JMO

casper1875

Container, a light,and an airpump. It only takes a few days. Very easy. You can even buy a stand to hold a two liter bottle.

sweetheart

Yeah it's really easy. All you got to do is fill the 2 gallon tank half way or either all the way and then put 1 cup of either non iodized salt or either aquarium salt. Then set up an air bubble. Get the big kind of air bubble, so that when the eggs hatch the eggs will be pushed by the current to the other side of the tank, to make it easier to catch the babies. Don't put too much eggs in there because you'll get ALOT of brine shrimp babies, just half a teaspoon is ALOT to me. Wait 24 hours, take the air bubble out slowly. Then put either a flash light or a lamp to shine on the eggs, then they'll hatch 5 to 10 min. You NEED the brine shrimp net, because it is hard to get them with a cup and a regular fish net, lol. The brine shrimp babies won't be any good after 8 hours. Once you have the babies in the net, you can rinse them off with water really gently, to get the salt and stuff off of them. Then feed to the fish. But make sure you don't get the eggs with the babies, because the eggs aren't heathy for the fish babies. Sorry lol I might have gotten a little carried away with the information
Well I hope it helped though

socal57che

I used to hatch them as a snack.
Very easy.
They have virtually no nutritional value so don't rely on them as your only source of food.

keebler

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/2729569
I used to hatch them as a snack.
Very easy.
They have virtually no nutritional value so don't rely on them as your only source of food.
Actually they have some nutritional value, but they have to be fed within a certain time frame of like 1-3 hours after they hatch or the value becomes nothing. As for hatching ease, they can literally be hatched using iodized salt.